How to block individual email spam in cPanel
Are you receiving countless spam emails from the same email addresses over and over?
You can now block specific email addresses using this simple built-in feature:
- Login to cPanel
- Click on ‘User Level Filtering’
- Find the email address that is receiving spam.
- Click on ‘Manage Filters’.
- Click ‘Create a New Filter’ button.
- Enter a name for the filter in the ‘Filter Name’ box. (* Important cPanel notice – “The filter name must be unique. If you give the filter the same name as another filter, the previous filter will be overwritten.”)
- Select ‘From’ and ‘equals’ from the drop down menus under ‘Rules.
- Also under ‘Rules’, enter the email address that is sending you spam emails. (Note – if you wish to enter multiple spam email addresses, click on the plus + button to create a new row. Enter each email address separately. Be sure to select ‘or’ or ‘and’ for each additional row.)
- Under ‘Actions’ select ‘Discard Message’ from the drop down menu.
- Click ‘Create’ button.
You should then be presented with the following success message:
“You have successfully created a new filter. You can create another one now, or you can return to the filters list.”
The video below also explains the process. The YouTube video is provided by user ‘Anzum Digital Videos’ and is not affiliated with this website.