Adwords view exact match search queries for broad match keywords
Adwords view exact match search queries for broad match keywords.
You can view exactly what your customers / visitors have searched for using this one simple function built in to Google Adwords.
In order for this to work then the campaign you are running requires some recorded data. For this i recommend a minimum of 3-7 days worth of spending but 14+ days is preferred, so that you can accurately measure the required data.
So once you have been running your Adwords campaign for this time, login and do the following:
1. Click your chosen campaign.
2. Click your chosen Adwords ad group.
3. Select the keywords tab.
4. Click the DETAILS button at the top of the keyword table.
5. Click on ALL under SEARCH TERMS.
6. You will be presented with a table of data for your selected time period that shows exactly what keywords triggered your ad to be displayed and clicked.
Of course this only works for phrase match, broad match and broad match modifier keywords. Why? Well because if you are using exact match keywords such as [this keyword] then you know exactly what your ads are being displayed and clicked for.
Tip: Look for patterns in keywords that have high impressions for a keyword that you are not targeting and add it to your list.
Keywords with only 1 or 2 impressions may not be worth targeting as it could be a one-off user with an obscure search query.