Magento Product Images Not Showing on Frontend
If you are like thousands of other Magento users out there who are having trouble with product images not showing on the frontend store then read on:
Product images are uploaded in to the backend admin panel and appear fine. But when you view the product on the frontend site, the image does not show and you get a placeholder image.
There are 3 possible methods to try here as all have been successful on various occasions depending what the problem is:
- In php.ini file; increase the memory_limit to 128M, clear the cache in Magento admin panel and your browser cache.
- Rename the folder /media/catalog/product/cache, to _cache. Refresh the cache in Magento admin panel, the system will create a new cache folder and start showing images on frontend.
- Your product images may be too large for your server or hosting account to handle. Therefore, you can either:
- Contact your web host and tell them to amend the server settings.
- Download your product images and resize them to a more suitable size, such as 800px X 600px.